Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- High resolution mapping of the deep ocean seafloor using the MBARI Mapping AUV, an autonomous underwater vehicle equipped with multibeam, sidescan, and subbottom profiler sonars.
- Techniques for the processing of swath mapping sonar data.
- Photographic imaging of the seafloor
Current Science Interests:
- Morphology and sediment transport processes in submarine canyons
- Morphology and tectonics of oceanic spreading centers
- Morphology and tectonics of seamounts
- Morphology and subsurface structure of gas hydrate deposits and outcrops